Team Manager Placements
Closed for applications on: 6-Oct-2021 00:00
Vacancy status: Closed
Closed for applications on: 6-Oct-2021 00:00
- Elwood Street
- N5 3EB
- Major / Minor Region
Contract type & working pattern
- Full time - 35 hours per week
- £45,594 - £51,567
- Salary period
- Main area
- Children's PLacements Commissioning
We're determined to make Islington fairer. To create a place where everyone, whatever their background, has the opportunity to reach their potential and enjoy a good quality of life.
We also have an ambitious goal – to be the best council in the country – with every employee clear about the part they play and inspired, focused and supported to give their very best.
We want to build an organisation where employees feel valued, inspired and empowered to help us achieve our goals and provide the best services possible to our residents.
Our values and behaviours
‘Be Islington’ is about setting a clear challenge about what it means to be an Islington employee and sets the standard for every new recruit.
We ask our employees to ‘Be Islington’ – playing their part in working together for a fairer borough and to always be collaborative, be ambitious, be resourceful, and be empowering (‘CARE’).
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Islington's Children's Services to become a Placement Team Manager.
Islington is rated ’ an outstanding ' authority by Ofsted
Main Duties & responsibilities
Implement, monitor & review Islington's placement's sufficiency strategy
Support the implementation of the placement commissioning strategy, and the development of outcomes bases accountability too all procurement and purchasing activity
Deliver an efficient & effective day to day placement service
Establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
Support marketing development strategies & development of effective partnership arrangements
Ensure procured placements are monitored and reviewed & support financial reconciliation activities
Manage the development of an effective placement brokerage service, and the staff responsible for the day to day operational activities within it.
Closing date: Tuesday 5th October 2021 at 23:59
Proposed interview date: Wednesday 27th October 2021
For an informal discussion on this role please contact Martina Clarke | Service Manager | Email: email@example.com | Tel: 020 7527 between 09.00-17.00 5680
It is the policy of Islington Council that no user of service, present or future employee or job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of their sex, perceived or actual sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion or belief, age, creed, colour, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, or disability, or on the grounds of their association with someone in one of these groups; nor is disadvantaged by any conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justified. We welcome applications from Black and Minority Ethnic candidates and acknowledge our responsibility to mitigate against racial discrimination.
PLEASE NOTE: Priority will be given to those at risk of redundancy within Islington Council. Current employees who are part of the redeployment pool must meet the essential criteria for shortlisting to be prioritised.
Islington Council operates a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria and we are committed to providing support to applicants who request reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process and throughout their career with us.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are also committed to flexible working and will consider requests where possible.
Islington Council also operates random drug or alcohol testing for safety critical roles or for where there may be just cause.
To apply for this position please use the online application process below. Please note that the council only accepts on-line applications, no CV’s or alternative forms of applications are accepted. If you are unable to use the online process please contact the Recruitment team on 020 7527 2155 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- E1 Social Work qualification OR substantial experience of managing staff in a children's social work setting. Significant experience of commissioning and purchasing and/or management of placements and/or supported accommodation·tor children looked after and/or care Knowledge of the needs of vulnerable children (e.g. Children Looked After, Children with Special Educational Needs, care leavers and homeless young people). Knowledge of the market place as it relates to placement and accommodation services for vulnerable children and young people
- E2 Significant experience of commissioning and purchasing and/or management of placements and/or supported accommodation·for children looked after and/or care
- E3 Knowledge of the needs of vulnerable children (e.g. Children Looked After, Children with Special Educational Needs, care leavers and homeless young people).
- E4 Knowledge of the market place as it relates to placement and accommodation services for vulnerable children and young people
- E5 Ability to motivate and lead a team of staff
- E6 Ability to analyse complex data and provide accurate reports.
- E7 Proven track record of delivering creative and imaginative solutions to complex problems.
- E8 Ability to negotiate cost reduction and cost management strategies in arranging and managing services.
- E9 Ability to work In partnership and collaboratively with a range of customers, partners & providers
- E10 Ability to manage diverse (and at times conflictual) stakeholder interests.
- E11 Displays an awareness, understanding and commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people and or vulnerable adults.
Further details / informal visits contact
- Martina Clarke
- Job title
- Service Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 020 7527 5680