Trac proudly powers the recruitment for
NELFT NHS Foundation Trust
NELFT NHS Foundation Trust provides mental health and community services for over 4.9 million people living in the London Boroughs of Waltham Forest, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham, Havering, and across Essex and Kent.
We work to ensure our patients, their friends and family, feel confident that their health needs are well met. With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled health professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care.
Podiatry Senior Administrator
Closed for applications on: 26-Aug-2022 00:00
Vacancy status: Closed
Closed for applications on: 26-Aug-2022 00:00
- Hainault Health Centre
- Manford Way
- IG7 4DF
- Major / Minor Region
Contract type & working pattern
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (9-5pm)
- £23,949 - £26,282 pa (plus HCAS)
- Salary period
- (NHS AfC: Band 4)
- Main area
- Podiatry Administration (NHS)
Do you want to be part of an innovative organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people? We are looking to appoint people who are as passionate about high quality care as we are.
Here at NELFT, embracing a Just and Compassionate Culture is our commitment to our colleagues and to our patients that we will support and promote a culture based on fairness, respect, honesty, and trust, ensuring that we have consistent leadership behaviours and styles across the Trust. Our vision is to create an engaging place to work in partnership, where we value diverse perspectives and work in an environment in which you feel valued, supported, understood, and developed. Our professional relationships are built on a foundation of mutual respect, trust and honesty. We are committed to welcoming and making everyone feel valued here at NELFT.
We embrace continuous learning to improve patient outcomes and we provide outstanding professional development opportunities for our workforce. If you want to grow and progress your career with an organisation that values it’s people, take the first step on an exciting career journey and join us today.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and effective senior administrator & PA with leadership qualities to join our friendly team within NELFT.
Our Podiatry Department is a forward thinking, busy service providing Podiatry Services to GPs in Redbridge & Waltham Forest. The population that we serve are both multi-cultural and diverse.
Administrative support to the Podiatry Service is provided by the Podiatry Administration & Call Centre.
Our client base is primarily high risk and we provide appointments in a variety of locations
- Provide a high quality confidential and comprehensive administrative service supporting the Podiatry Service.
- Open and sort incoming emails within the generic podiatry email account and other post in a timely manner, and where appropriate, personally prepare and send responses to correspondence.
- Operate any reminder systems e.g. SMS text messaging.
- Undertake word processing of all documents to a high standard, in an agreed Trust style and using an appropriate referencing system.
- Utilise advanced level IT skills to create reports, spreadsheets and presentations for the Podiatry Manager where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain Podiatry Service filing systems (electronic and paper) to ensure effective access to relevant information.
- Prioritise own workload on a day-to-day basis to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Act as a central point of contact for external and internal callers, making judgements regarding appropriate dissemination of key information.
- Coordinate administrative arrangements relating to reporting requirements, to include the collation and presentation of documentation, preparing evidence and ensuring information is up to date.
- Oversee the facilitation and administration of meetings/panels, including: taking formal minutes that are intended for external review e.g. Podiatry Meetings, Podiatry Forums, the production of agendas and coordination of papers, ensuring that key documents are available within defined timescales.
- Maintain up to date confidential personal Podiatry Administrative staff files.
- Monitor and maintain secure stamp allocation and keys held on site.
- Propose and implement changes to working practices to reflect the needs of the Podiatry Service.
- Act as delegated authority for procurement processes, using electronic order and approval systems.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for information from other Trust sources as agreed by the Podiatry Manager.
- Co-ordinate absence/study leave ensuring sufficient administrative staffing levels are present
- Manage Bands 2 and 3 Podiatry Administrative staff with regular supervision
- Assist with recruitment and selection of Podiatry Administrative staff
- Ability to take dictation/transcribe from audio dictation, including medical reports.
- Maintaining efficient systems for client records by creating, maintaining, filing, archiving and when necessary, locating missing notes and arranging transfer of notes between Departments as requested by clinical staff.
- Responsible for compiling and producing computer generated letters with minor amendments.
- Typing of letters, agendas, minutes, papers and reports as required by your Podiatry manager & Podiatry Business Administration Manager. To encourage and develop teamwork within the team.
- To highlight any operational concerns regarding administrative systems so that they can be reviewed by the Podiatry Business Administration Manager.
- To ensure a safe working environment as indicated by the Podiatry Team Administrator.
- Distribute patient satisfaction questionnaires and audits as instructed by your Manager.
- To photocopy & upload notes and/or histological/pathological/radiological investigation results when necessary for the Podiatry Service.
- To send letters on behalf of the Podiatry Team to the relevant parties via the generic email account.
Working for our organisation
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description & Person Specification for further details on this vacancy.
High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (minimum payment of £3,898 and a maximum payment of £4,967).
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families.
This vacancy would suit a senior administrator with managerial and leadership qualities with an NHS background who enjoys a busy working environment.
Our organisation is driven by our strategic objectives and organisational values and we are looking for people who are strongly aligned with them.
Our friendly Podiatry Service prides themselves on their close working together as a very friendly and approachable close-knit team with effectively communicate. We are also on Twitter @Nelft_Podiatry
As a department we pride ourselves on being innovative and forward thinking.
The successful candidate will be expected to support their team, department and organisation to achieve the Trust’s Values in their day to day work. These are the 5P’s:
- Putting people first
- Prioritising quality
- Being progressive, innovative and continually improve
- Being professional and honest
- Promoting what is possible – independence, opportunity and choice
The post holder will provide a responsive and efficient administrative service to meet the needs of the Podiatry Department. The post holder will use their reason, intellect and judgement to work on their own initiative to deal with matters on behalf of their Manager.
Specific Tasks directly related to the post:
- To directly manage the Band 3 Podiatry Administrators, ensuring monthly supervision is performed, annual appraisal is completed, statutory mandatory training is up to date and support is provided as required.
- To ensure all podiatry referrals are uploaded correctly onto RiO including demographics information
- To ensure that the Podiatry generic email account is monitored daily and actioned.
- To be able to chair administration Team meetings, using the NELFT proforma Agenda.
- To be able to view, collate and feedback figures relating to the number of calls taken by the team
- To ensure the Podiatry 18wtt is adhered to and those patients who have failed to contact are duly discharged
- To ensure that patients who have failed to contact the podiatry service are discharged e.g. Patients who fail an appointment and do not make contact in the allotted time period, patients who have not made contact in a year and over, patients who fail their first appointment with the department
- To be flexible, adaptable and supportive, meeting the needs of the Podiatry Service
- To support the agile working Podiatry Service
- To effectively manage the Podiatry appointments on RiO ensuring that cancellations are filled, there is reallocation of cancelled clinics and appointments are released in a timely fashion.
- To support the Podiatry Business Administration Manager
- To be tactful & empathetic when dealing with all queries
- To ensure all Podiatry appointments are booked
- To ensure appointments for the Podiatry department are released in a timely fashion
- To be able to order stock items for the Podiatry department
- To support the Podiatry Leads and Manager with any processes or changes required
- To ensure that all stationery used is current
- To monitor and conduct sickness & absence within the team working with HR
- To ensure there is always adequate cover in the Podiatry Administration & Call Centre and where there is not , to alert the Podiatry Lead.
- To Datix when RiO is not working and alert the team as to the Business Continuity Plan required
- To be aware of and carry out the Podiatry Business Continuity Plans (including the administration teams) and ensure that the administration team is also aware of these.
- To be able to take telephone calls from the public and book appointments
- To be able to diffuse any difficult telephone calls that may occur, without having to escalate these to a manager.
- To ensure patient queries only relates to patients requiring contact from a Pathway Lead or Podiatry Manager.
Please refer to the Job Description & Person Specification attachment.
We believe in bringing your authentic and best self to work, in order to provide the best care to our patients. We are committed to supporting our employees holistically. Here is a snapshot of what is on offer at NELFT:
- A long-standing and award-winning approach to Equality and Diversity with supportive networks for ethnic minority staff, staff with disabilities and LGBT staff
- A commitment to supporting our staff achieve a work life balance, through flexible working opportunities and our efforts to support our working parents and carers. This has resulted in us being recognised as a ‘Top 10 Family Friendly Employer’ from Working Families charity
- Proactive health and wellbeing support, including access to our KeepingWell hub, staff psychological support, individual wellbeing conversations and a network of health and wellbeing ambassadors
As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement whether that’s job share, part time or another flexible pattern.
Supporting our Armed Forces
We recognise the valuable contribution that the Armed Forces community make to our organisation. We have signed the Armed Forces Covenant, and achieved Gold Award under the Armed Forces Employer Recognition Scheme. We have supportive policies, guaranteed interview schemes for veterans. reservists and military spouses, and give additional leave to our Reservists so that they can attend their annual camp.
Equal opportunities employer
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity and positively encourage applications from all sections of the community regardless of any protected characteristic.
We are a Disability Confident employer and have made the pledge to commit to employing more people with disabilities. If you require this application in another format i.e Braille or audio tape please contact the recruitment team on 0300 300 1530 or email email@example.com
Correspondence with us
You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post.
In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, NELFT reserves the right to close the vacancy early. If you do not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date then please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
You start will be on the first Monday of the month unless otherwise agreed. Further details of our induction will be sent with your offer letter,
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent standard of literacy and numeracy
- NVQ level 3 in relevant subject or equivalent level of proven experience
- RSA Text & word processing Level 2
Demonstartion of Trust Values
- Putting People First
- Prioritising quality
- Being progressive, innovative and continually improve
- Being professional and honest
- Promoting what is possible, independence, opportunity and choice
- Working in a busy office environment
- Working in an NHS environment
- Minimum of 3 years administrative experience
- Creating and maintaining office systems
- Handling Sensitive & confidential information
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a call centre environment
- Minimum of 3 years experience making, cancelling, rescheduling appointments
- Managing and working as part of a team
- NHS priorities and issues
- Good working knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, Power point and RiO
- Update and maintain efficient administration systems
- Maintain confidentiality and data protection
- Able to use own initiative and make decisions on behalf of others
- Background knowledge of the administrative support required for a podiatry department
- Background knowledge of a Podiatry department operationally
- Able to analyse systems to improve services
- Advanced level IT skills
- Establish and maintain good working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- Clear communication skills including excellent writing, data entry and presentation skills
- Able to construct and deliver clear information/instructions to others
- Able to multi-task
- Able to work without supervision and use own initiative
- Organise and prioritise own workload
- Note taking
- Managerial / leadership qualities
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- To be aware and demonstrate the Trust Values
- To be able to travel effectively throughout the Trust
Further details / informal visits contact
- Karen Wise
- Job title
- Podiatry Care Pathway Manager (west)
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0300 300 1722