Trac proudly powers the recruitment for
Viapath is a scientific organisation with a clinical purpose. In partnership with our service partners, Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospitals, King’s College Hospital and Princess Royal University Hospital, we aim to set the standard for the future of pathology.
Business Development Manager
Closed for applications on: 25-Jan-2022 00:00
Vacancy status: Closed
Closed for applications on: 25-Jan-2022 00:00
- Francis House
- 9 Kings Head Yard
- SE1 1NA
- Major / Minor Region
Contract type & working pattern
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Main area
- Business Department
- Interview date
The place to work in pathology
We are looking for top talent to join the UK’s leading and fastest growing pathology company – a scientific organisation with a clinical purpose.
Working in partnership with our service partners, Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospitals, King’s College Hospital and Princess Royal University Hospital we aim to set the standard for the future of pathology.
We are seeking a passionate salesperson to grow our diagnostic services in the Midlands & Southwest.
Viapath’s pathology testing services are used by most UK hospitals and by many businesses. Our breadth of testing, expertise and service envelope mean we can deliver class leading services for laboratory specialist testing needs. This is complemented by our roots in clinical excellence and diagnostic innovation where we consistently seek to improve patient care pathways through novel testing and service delivery.
If you are interested, you will have established relationships within pathology laboratories and understand how to meet customer needs to generate win-win solutions. As a passionate, honest individual, eager to improve patient lives, you will want to take the opportunity to support and build the services our customers use. You will be comfortable being field based and representing the business to a variety of customers.
In this role you will have the opportunity to be involved in the end-to-end sales process - proactively feeding back market information, building proposals for new customers and growing relationships to deliver a consistently high level of service and new business delivery.
Your development and learning (Applicable for Analytics):
You will have a suite of learning opportunities available through the Scientific Learning and Development Fund and the ViAcademy through which you can receive funding for advanced qualifications.
Through our Innovation Fund, you can apply for finance to get that new innovative scientific project off the ground, and participate with the wider scientific community through symposiums, conferences and other peer group meetings.
Your development and learning (Applicable for Group or Services)
You will have a suite of learning opportunities available through The Viapath Way Development program which is used across Viapath to enable you to reach your potential, learn new skills and achieve your goals. This is managed between you and your line manager in line with your own personal and professional development ambitions.
A little about the lab and us:
Describe your laboratory, things to include:
• Instrumentation, techniques, any specific tech you’re embracing, are you automated / semi-automated or manual? Position in field?
• Do you have UKAS accreditation, are you an accredited training lab?
• Activity, how many assays or tests you complete annually, what’s your test repertoire like
• Size, team structure, case load
Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital Foundation Trust is a major emergency and specialist teaching Trust which has all the specialties associated with a fascinating and career defining case load including: Women’s Services, Fetal Medicine, Haematology, Oncology, Transplantation, and is also home to the Evelina Children’s Hospital and the newly opened Cancer Centre on the Guy’s site.
You will be close to the vibrant Borough Market and the South Bank, which are exceptional London locations; perfect places to work and relax next to such iconic venues as Big Ben, The London Eye and The Shard!
King’s College Hospital Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s leading NHS Foundation Trusts in specialist teaching. King’s has various divisions including Neurosciences, Haematology, Cancer and Cardiovascular sciences, where there are unlimited opportunities to develop and perfect your career.
Over the last 170 years, King’s has delivered nothing but world class service to all its patients from deprived communities as well as some of the wealthiest in London.
Princess Royal University Hospital is a District General Hospital, which proudly provides quality care to patients within the boroughs of Bromley and Bexley as well as Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham.
Orpington is located within South East London with a great range of shops, markets and a place where various sports can be enjoyed. It is a great place to live and work.
Viapath’s Corporate HQ; housing our Finance, Procurement, HR, IT, Service Improvement and Business Development teams. We have a relaxed, but professional atmosphere with monthly corporate updates to keep you informed on our progress. Situated 5 minutes from London Bridge station you will have easy access to the vibrant Borough Market, Bermondsey High Street and close links to mainline stations.
To learn more about this opening, please see contact details below or simply apply through the application process.
Applications are welcomed from applicants with a disability. We can make reasonable adjustments and offer support and advice in a variety of ways throughout the application process. All applicants are welcome to apply regardless of age, disability, gender, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic origin, religion, or sexual orientation. Equality of opportunity is our policy.
Our Bank workers enjoy competitive market rates and flexible contract assignments across all of our sites, dependant on your availability and location.
For our Permanent workforce we offer a competitive benefits package. As well as offering competitive salaries, all employees are also entitled to:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Performance related pay
- Annual incentive plan for all
- Ground breaking development
Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All employees have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the course of their daily duties and for ensuring that they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
Please apply for this post on-line. If you have problems with using the online process, or need any assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your e-mail address is important to us. We communicate to all job applicants via the e-mail address which has been provided on the application form. Please ensure that you check your e-mail on a regular basis.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close any adverts before the published closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications.
If you decide to apply for this post but do not hear back from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest in Viapath.
- BSc or equivalent qualification in a science or healthcare related subject.
- Completion of professional sales training on a recognized sales training course, ideally Miller Heiman.
- At least 2 years’ experience and evidence of significant success implementing sales skills and selling complex solutions to multiple stakeholders in healthcare.
- Proven track record in building relationships, managing customers and growing revenue.
- Experience in pathology or medical/ laboratory sales/ account management.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong believer in meeting people and building relationships face to face.
- Evidenced success and experience of building and implementing successful business plans in line with business priorities.
- Evidenced success and experience of using sales funnels to increase success.
- Excellent need discovery and solution builder happy to work in teams to deliver success.
- Excellent relationship builder.
- Strong and positive influencer across multiple stakeholder types.
- Results orientated.
- Strong financial acumen in deal building.
- Able to thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
- Able to plan and prioritize a varied and complex workload.
- Experience and evidence of capability to build and implement successful business plans in line with business priorities.
- Experience and evidence of use of sales funnels to deliver results.
- Excellent skill level with main MS Office applications word, excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work alone and in a team.
- Sound understanding of customer procurement processes.
Further details / informal visits contact
- Steve Baker
- Job title
- Sales Director
- Email address