Trac proudly powers the recruitment for
NELFT NHS Foundation Trust
NELFT NHS Foundation Trust provides mental health and community services for over 4.9 million people living in the London Boroughs of Waltham Forest, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham, Havering, and across Essex and Kent.
We work to ensure our patients, their friends and family, feel confident that their health needs are well met. With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled health professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care.
Bank-MHS Healthcare Assistant
Closed for applications on: 28-Aug-2022 00:00
Vacancy status: Closed
Closed for applications on: 28-Aug-2022 00:00
- RM13 8EU
- Major / Minor Region
Contract type & working pattern
- Flexible working - As and When
- £10.19 plus HCAS
- Salary period
- (Band 2)
- Main area
- Mental Health Services
Do you want to be part of an innovative organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people? We are looking to appoint people who are as passionate about high quality care as we are.
Here at NELFT, embracing a Just and Compassionate Culture is our commitment to our colleagues and to our patients that we will support and promote a culture based on fairness, respect, honesty, and trust, ensuring that we have consistent leadership behaviours and styles across the Trust. Our vision is to create an engaging place to work in partnership, where we value diverse perspectives and work in an environment in which you feel valued, supported, understood, and developed. Our professional relationships are built on a foundation of mutual respect, trust and honesty. We are committed to welcoming and making everyone feel valued here at NELFT.
We embrace continuous learning to improve patient outcomes and we provide outstanding professional development opportunities for our workforce. If you want to grow and progress your career with an organisation that values it’s people, take the first step on an exciting career journey and join us today.
We are looking for Mental Health Health Care Assistants to work on a temporary basis, as and when required who will support the team, department and organisation to achieve the Trust’s mission of “Best care by the best people”.
You will support the clinical team in the provision of patient nursing and rehabilitation care by working alongside qualified nursing and therapy staff and will therefore be able to work as part of a team, participate in the implementation of care and rehabilitation programmes to ensure patients regain confidence in maintaining activities of daily living whilst recognising the patient’s beliefs, preferences and choices to support the Trust mission by incorporating the Trust’s values and Staff Charter into your day to day role and to engage with service users and relatives with empathy and compassion.
You must have a care certificate in order to be considered for this position.
This vacancy will be closed as soon as a suitable number of applicants have been received; therefore please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Support the clinical team in the provision of patient nursing and rehabilitation care by working alongside qualified nursing and therapy staff.
2. Participate in the implementation of care and rehabilitation programmes, to ensure patients regain confidence in maintaining activities of daily living whilst recognising the patient’s beliefs, preferences and choices.
3. To help ensure that service users engage effectively with agreed Care Plan and access appropriate services.
4. To be responsible for liaising with and providing information to other agencies involved in the care of the service user.
5. To develop a rapport and a therapeutic relationship with service users, within appropriate boundaries
6. To provide regular and practical support to service users and their carers (as appropriate) in developing and managing independence and maintaining dignity and self respect.
7. Facilitate the orientation of newly transferred clients into the ward, recording their property and supporting them as they settle in.
1. To assist nursing staff in the delivery of nursing care to patients
2. To record dietary and fluid intake
3. To record vital signs when required to do so
4. To change linen on beds, dispose of foul linen, to tidy rooms and generally maintain patient areas in good order
5. To escort patients to appointments both inside and outside of the hospital
Working for our organisation
We operate a Temporary Staffing service and offer our Bank Staff excellent benefits including:
- Competitive hourly rates and weekly pay;
- Access to paid annual leave and statutory sick pay;
- My Trust Benefits discount scheme;
- Access to the NHS pension scheme;
- Paid mandatory training;
- Opportunities for locally agreed training;
- PAMOVA training for Mental Health staff;
- Flexibility of hours/location;
- Priority over agency staff for booking shifts;
- Opportunity to apply for permanent posts.
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The main duties of this position are outlined fully in the attached job description.
For more information about working on the Temporary Staffing Bank please contact the Temporary Staffing Team on 0300 300 1530.
11.To assist in the promotion of continence
We believe in bringing your authentic and best self to work, in order to provide the best care to our patients. We are committed to supporting our employees holistically. Here is a snapshot of what is on offer at NELFT:
- A long-standing and award-winning approach to Equality and Diversity with supportive networks for ethnic minority staff, staff with disabilities and LGBT staff
- A commitment to supporting our staff achieve a work life balance, through flexible working opportunities and our efforts to support our working parents and carers. This has resulted in us being recognised as a ‘Top 10 Family Friendly Employer’ from Working Families charity
- Proactive health and wellbeing support, including access to our KeepingWell hub, staff psychological support, individual wellbeing conversations and a network of health and wellbeing ambassadors
As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement whether that’s job share, part time or another flexible pattern.
Supporting our Armed Forces
We recognise the valuable contribution that the Armed Forces community make to our organisation. We have signed the Armed Forces Covenant, and achieved Gold Award under the Armed Forces Employer Recognition Scheme. We have supportive policies, guaranteed interview schemes for veterans. reservists and military spouses, and give additional leave to our Reservists so that they can attend their annual camp.
Equal opportunities employer
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity and positively encourage applications from all sections of the community regardless of any protected characteristic.
We are a Disability Confident employer and have made the pledge to commit to employing more people with disabilities. If you require this application in another format i.e Braille or audio tape please contact the recruitment team on 0300 300 1530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence with us
You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post.
In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, NELFT reserves the right to close the vacancy early. If you do not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date then please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
You start will be on the first Monday of the month unless otherwise agreed. Further details of our induction will be sent with your offer letter,
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Experience of mental health services (as a worker or service user/carer)
- Recent Relevant Experience in a healthcare setting and basic level of theoretic knowledge.
- An enthusiasm to make a positive contribution to improving the quality of life for people with mental health problems
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent standard of literacy and numeracy
Further details / informal visits contact
- Temporary Staffing Recruitment
- Job title
- Temporary Staffing Recruitment
- Email address