Trac proudly powers the recruitment for
NELFT NHS Foundation Trust
NELFT NHS Foundation Trust provides mental health and community services for over 4.9 million people living in the London Boroughs of Waltham Forest, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham, Havering, and across Essex and Kent.
We work to ensure our patients, their friends and family, feel confident that their health needs are well met. With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled health professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care.
Community Nurse - Waltham Forest ICT Central
Closed for applications on: 18-Aug-2022 00:00
Vacancy status: Closed
Closed for applications on: 18-Aug-2022 00:00
- Jane Atkinson Health and Wellbeing Centre
- 714 Forest Road
- E17 3HP
- Major / Minor Region
Contract type & working pattern
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- £27,055 - £32,934 pa (plus HCAS)
- Salary period
- (NHS AfC: Band 5)
- Main area
- Community Health Services
Do you want to be part of an innovative organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people? We are looking to appoint people who are as passionate about high quality care as we are.
Here at NELFT, embracing a Just and Compassionate Culture is our commitment to our colleagues and to our patients that we will support and promote a culture based on fairness, respect, honesty, and trust, ensuring that we have consistent leadership behaviours and styles across the Trust. Our vision is to create an engaging place to work in partnership, where we value diverse perspectives and work in an environment in which you feel valued, supported, understood, and developed. Our professional relationships are built on a foundation of mutual respect, trust and honesty. We are committed to welcoming and making everyone feel valued here at NELFT.
We embrace continuous learning to improve patient outcomes and we provide outstanding professional development opportunities for our workforce. If you want to grow and progress your career with an organisation that values it’s people, take the first step on an exciting career journey and join us today.
We are seeking a motivated and dynamic full time Band 5 Community Nurse to work within the Integrated Care team in Walthamstow (ICT Central).
ICT Central is a forward-thinking and innovative service that is community based. The team works in a fully integrated way, with physiotherapists, occupational therapists, district nurses and community matrons all working side by side to ensure an integrated and holistic approach to the care of people accessing our service.
The post holder will:
- be a Registered Nurse with experience of working in the NHS. Community experience is desirable but not essential. The post holder will be responsible for patients allocated to them and will assess, manage, plan and deliver care.
- support their peers and caseload manager and be an effective team member whilst working on their own initiative. They will supervise pre-registration students and band 4 nursing assistants/assistant practitioners.
- have a commitment to collaborative working and actively supporting and liaising with other health and social professionals and agencies.
The role will require you to be computer literate as all patients records are now electronic (RIO) and previous experience of administration duties will be advantageous.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- Regular clinical and managerial supervision and support
- A programme of In-service training and exciting development opportunities
- Opportunity for service development and audit
- Agile working devices to support community based working
- Childcare support and vouchers
Working for our organisation
The post holder will be expected to support their team, department and organisation to achieve the Trust’s Values in their day to day work. These are the 5P’s:
- Putting people first
- Prioritising quality
- Being progressive, innovative and continually improving
- Being professional and honest
- Promoting what is possible – independence, opportunity and choice
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
At NELFT we set very high standards to ensure we provide quality services. We require prospective employees to carry out an online literacy and numeracy test, equivalent to NVQ Level 2. For more information regarding our assessments, please visit our website. If you are shortlisted, invited for interview and successfully offered the post, you will be required to undertake an assessment for these skills during the pre-employment checks.
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please refer to the Job Description & Person Specification attachment.
High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (minimum payment of £3,898 and a maximum payment of £4,967).
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families.
We believe in bringing your authentic and best self to work, in order to provide the best care to our patients. We are committed to supporting our employees holistically. Here is a snapshot of what is on offer at NELFT:
- A long-standing and award-winning approach to Equality and Diversity with supportive networks for ethnic minority staff, staff with disabilities and LGBT staff
- A commitment to supporting our staff achieve a work life balance, through flexible working opportunities and our efforts to support our working parents and carers. This has resulted in us being recognised as a ‘Top 10 Family Friendly Employer’ from Working Families charity
- Proactive health and wellbeing support, including access to our KeepingWell hub, staff psychological support, individual wellbeing conversations and a network of health and wellbeing ambassadors
As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement whether that’s job share, part time or another flexible pattern.
Supporting our Armed Forces
We recognise the valuable contribution that the Armed Forces community make to our organisation. We have signed the Armed Forces Covenant, and achieved Gold Award under the Armed Forces Employer Recognition Scheme. We have supportive policies, guaranteed interview schemes for veterans. reservists and military spouses, and give additional leave to our Reservists so that they can attend their annual camp.
Equal opportunities employer
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity and positively encourage applications from all sections of the community regardless of any protected characteristic.
We are a Disability Confident employer and have made the pledge to commit to employing more people with disabilities. If you require this application in another format i.e Braille or audio tape please contact the recruitment team on 0300 300 1530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence with us
You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post.
In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, NELFT reserves the right to close the vacancy early. If you do not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date then please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
You start will be on the first Monday of the month unless otherwise agreed. Further details of our induction will be sent with your offer letter,
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Must have registered nurse qualification
- Experience of MDT working
- experience working in the community
Further details / informal visits contact
- Riaz Dinah
- Job title
- Operational lead ICT Central
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information
Team Lead ICT Central.